Service Desk Engineer – Worcestershire – £35,000
A Service Desk Engineer who has strong experience in 1stline support as well as key experience in windows server, office365, networking and AV products in general to join this world leading technology company in their field. This is a permanent opportunity paying up to £35,000.
As a Service Desk Engineer you must have experience/ qualifications in:
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Proactive and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- The ability to multi-task, time management, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Eager to learn new technologies and skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to provide cover when short staffed, including out of hours as required, to meet customer demand and potential incidents.
- UK/EU Full Driving License
- Windows Server, Windows 10, Office 365, VMWare, Hyper-V, Veeam, Citrix, RDS
- Networking – Routers, Switches, Firewalls
- Webroot (AV products in general)
Main responsibilities as a Service Desk Engineer include;
- To record, categorise, monitor and resolve incidents and service requests to ensure that operational problems are resolved as quickly as possible, and to agreed SLAs.
- To provide help and guidance to users, to ensure systems are used effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor the adoption of the information security, data protection and usage policies, reporting any breaches, to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client assets.
- Provide on-site and remote support to customers.
- Continuous monitoring of customer’s IT Systems and to ensure these are kept in top condition.
- Trouble-shooting and implementation of Hardware / Software.
This is a role that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions. You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team, and they can accommodate individuals with different skill sets. You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a small company, with the associated risks and rewards.
Your CV will be forwarded to Xult Group Ltd, a leading Technology Engineering and Manufacturing recruitment consultancy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org