Mechanical Design Engineer – Cambridge – £30,000 – £45,000
Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join a high technology design and engineering company in Central Cambridge. You must hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and have experience designing manufacturing equipment to join this world leading technology company in their field. This is a permanent opportunity paying up to £45,000.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you must have experience/qualifications in;
- A 1stor 2.1 class from a top university in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Solid understanding of mechanical fundamentals including designing, building and debugging, high precision machines with complex motion.
- Designing of manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to prioritise activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an engineering environment
- Transferring prototype technologies into production machines
- Experience of working with 3rdparty machines designers
- Experience of designing for precision part manufacturing
Main responsibilities of a Mechanical Design Engineer include;
- Creation of new product concepts, though to fully detailed designs of manually operated prototypes, hands on with assembly and testing to deliver a machine that can be used for low volume prototype production of precision components.
- Development of detailed designs which deliver the concept in a manufacturable product
- Work with control and electronics engineers to ensure the product design is fully compatible with company technology
- Responsibility for identifying and resolving issues with the product through prototype build and test cycles
- Collaboration with manufacturing partners in Asia and America
This is a role that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions. You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team, and they can accommodate individuals with different skill sets. You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a small company, with the associated risks and rewards.
Your CV will be forwarded to Xult Group Ltd, a leading Technology Engineering and Manufacturing recruitment consultancy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org