Lead Mobile Developer (React Native)
I am working with a company who are revolutionising healthcare with simple-to-use blood tests designed for the home and community.
They are looking for a lead mobile developer to join the software team in a moment of crucial growth and development.
As they bring mobile in-house for the first time, you’ll be helping to establish our app development process (in a team of two React Native developers).
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you’ll work within a cross-functional team developing a brand new medical device for patients managing a chronic condition. The team includes product designers, embedded software engineers and clinical trials specialists. You will be responsible for developing a new patient-facing app, making key architectural decisions and collaborating with the team to translate user needs into requirements and features.
You’ll also be taking over a consumer app (built-in React Native and ready to launch) that will be going to market in 2020.
- Passionate about the quality of your work
- Open, transparent and collaborative
- Self-motivated and happy to take ownership of your tasks
- Great at building relationships and connecting across technical, product and creative cultures
- Resourceful and proactive in solving problem
You Must Have:
- 3+ years experience building high-quality, test-driven mobile applications
- Excellent knowledge of React Native and JS (or Typescript) technologies, plus one other mobile app platform (iOS or Android)
- Willingness to work in a collaborative, iterative way in a team that includes designers and end users (patients, carers and health professionals)
- Experience of the whole software development lifecycle, from requirements and system set-up through to launch
- Knowledge of version control, CI and CD processes
- A consistently positive and proactive attitude
Ideally, You Will Have:
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment
- Understanding of software development in a regulated industry (ideally medical devices)
- Knowledge of accessibility standards
What They Can Offer:
- Chance to work on a unique technology set to improve the lives of millions of people – and see your product in the hands of customers
- Opportunity to take part in company-wide decisions and strategy
- A flexible, friendly work environment
- Learning how to develop software rapidly in a heavily regulated industry
- Being part of a growing company where you’ll learn and gain responsibilities quickly
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org