Junior UI Designer
Full-Time, London UK
I am working with a company who are revolutionising healthcare with simple-to-use blood tests designed for the home and community. They are an award-winning medical device company and are going through a rebrand. They are looking for a UI Designer to join our design team in a moment of crucial growth and development.
The company are open to an intern with the ability to go permanent or a graduate looking to get into the industry. You much have solid UI experience and have worked on projects throughout university or outside of academia.
What you’ll do as a Junior UI Designer.
- Develop ideas and concepts from sketching and prototyping all the way to final sign off with the team or third parties.
- Prepare engaging material and plan activities to be used in user research workshops and feedback sessions.
- Solve complex design problems in a simple and user-friendly way.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Follow a cohesive style guide and ensure that a consistent design language is applied across a product.
- Someone who enjoys taking responsibility for their own tasks as well as producing high-quality work as part of a team.
- A multi-faceted designer who is comfortable getting involved with the different aspects of design.
- A team player, able to manage multiple projects and help people to achieve their best.
- Able to connect with different mindsets and perspectives in both technical and creative cultures.
- Resourceful and have hands-on problem-solving skills.
You must have:
- The ability to take user insights and create intuitive experiences.
- Great ideation and brainstorming skills.
- Great skills with UI prototyping software e.g Sketch, Overflow, Invision
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability to develop wireframes for apps, devices and websites.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The want to work in medical/healthcare and want to make a difference.
What they can offer:
- A flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people.
- Collaborations with world-leading research institutions and companies.
- Time to be inspired e.g. attending conferences, talks or exhibitions.
- Monthly lunch, based in Highbury, – we have the pick of restaurants on our doorstep which we enjoy as a team on the last Friday of every month.
Please provide a cover letter, CV and portfolio.
Your portfolio should demonstrate:
- Proven ability in layout, illustration and visual storytelling.
- Strong design thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Prototype iterations, sketches, good documentation of projects.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com